Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Funny Kids: Do Milk Showers Make Little Sisters Laugh?

Mateo had a glass of milk on the counter that he wanted to drink. Instead of asking for help to get it down, he stretched up to get it himself. Inevitably it spilled all over the counter, our stools, and the floor. I ran over to move the stools out of the way and get some towels, while telling Mateo next time he should ask for help. Maya was cranky before that but I had to set her down while I cleaned up. She started crying (which I barely notice sometimes).

But Mateo...he notices everything she does.

All the sudden I looked over and Mateo was standing under the counter where the milk was dripping down all over his head and clothes. I looked at him and said (admittedly not one of my proudest moments) "Are you crazy? What are you doing?"

After we cleaned up I asked him why he let the milk spill on his head and his answer surprised me. I thought it was just one of those goofy impulsive things he does that never make any sense to me. But he told me, "Cause mom. Maya cry and I make her feel better!"

I had to laugh. Mateo put his head under a stream of milk to make Maya feel better. He was trying to cheer her up! Typical class clown.

I told him next time maybe he should do a dance instead.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I have had those proud mommy moments too when I call my kids crazy then I catch myself and the double meaning! It is a bad habbit to break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that maybe a dance next time would be better, but that is soooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening! I recently stumbled upon your blog while researching adoption topics, what a wonderful discovery. I have started a new phase in my adoptee process and would love your support and words of wisdom. I am new to the international adoption reunification process and have reached out to the world wide web for guidance.

    I can be located at http://jessicaforeign.blogspot.com/, this is a new journey and a wonderful time in my life to explore. Please join me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute. But I'm with you, a dance may be the next approach in the future :)

    ReplyDelete