Monday, April 12, 2010

Is She Mixed?

Sorry I've been so bad at keeping up this blog. It's hard keeping up with three blogs. Anyway, I have a bunch of pictures I need to edit and post, some really cute ones from Easter. But here's a quickie post about a conversation I had with a stranger at a department store a couple days ago.

Random Stranger (RS): Is that your daughter?

Me: Yes.

RS: Is she mixed?

Me: Mixed? What does that mean? (and how rude!)

RS: I mean...like...what's her father?

Me: (I knew what she was getting at but wanted to give her a hard time) A person.

RS: No, I mean...what's his background?

Me: (done screwing around and ready for this conversation to be over) Her birthfather is Puerto Rican.

RS: Oh. Cause...you know...I just found out I'm pregnant and my boyfriend is black and I just want to know what our kid will look like.


Really? You wanted to know what your kid will look like? Isn't there an app for that?

6 comments:

  1. Good lord. Because we all know that harassing some sweet baby's mother is the way to figure out what your future child will look like..

    and there is SO an app for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! THis is the laugh I needed right now. So great! I love your answers to her questions. I really needed this laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta just love the stuff that comes out of people's mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are so rude!

    Today I was asked why E was "taken from her birthmother." Umm, yeah, I'm going to share that info with you R.S.! Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ayiyiyi. great response. :) I love messing with people when they are being rude. I figure they deserve it when they ask rude and/or stupid questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes down to it, aren't we ALL mixed at this point?

    ReplyDelete