Friday, April 23, 2010

Maya Papaya

Maya's pediatrician said she is at a 15 month old level for language and social. So we have a little smarty-pants here. Maya is starting to communicate her wants by gesturing, grunting, and saying some words. And she's only 13 months! Smart, smart girl. Here are some of the words she can say:

- Mommy and daddy

- doggie

- sock

- light

- foot

- hi

- bye bye

- that and this

- out or outside


Did I mention she is only 13 months? I mean, it's within normal developmental limits so I'm not saying she's a genius or anything, I'm just happy she's not behind. I mean, my brother and I walked before 9 months, and talked in complete sentences by 18 months. But...you know...not all kids are as "advanced" as I was =)

We are so so close to adopting her. It should be some time in May. Right after I will post an assortment of photos of her. She really is the cutest baby ever! Oh, but wait. She's not so much of a baby anymore :( Every time I look at her she looks more and more like a toddler, and less like a baby. Especially now that she has so many teeth!

She's also getting quite the personality. She has always been the sweetest little thing, and she still is. But she's also experimenting with limits. She will swat at me then look at me. If I say, "ouch, that hurts", she'll hug me immediately. Then do it again 20 seconds later. I think she's just trying to figure things out. And she has a little temper like her brother. I say little because next to Mateo, it is little! She has become very vocal about her likes and dislikes. It's such a fun stage. I love it!


P.S. Are you wondering about the blog title? That's one of the funny names I call her, along with My-My, Munchkin, Baby, and Cutie Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment