Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers

I wanted to write a special post to all the dad's out there but especially for my husband, who, in my opinion is the best dad around!

Dads are important. I didn't have one growing up and even now there are moments in life when I wish I did. I had fantasies growing up about what having a dad would be like. Or what I wanted my kids dad to be like. It's hard to fulfill people's fantasies about such things but Dave goes above and beyond what I imagined a dad to be.

He is playful and funny. He makes the kids laugh with his silliness. He's not afraid to make a fool of himself just so the kids have a good time.

He is kind and gentle. He doesn't yell (much, we all have our slips). He doesn't say hurtful things or scare them. He uses a calm positive voice when he corrects them. He is a good listener and always hears them out. He gives each one undivided attention when he can. He cuddles and hugs and kisses them.

Most important of all both children know without a doubt that Dave loves them. That he cherishes and treasures them. That he understands them and that they are valuable and important parts of his life.

What more can two kids ask for in a dad?

Dads give their daughters a role model for how their future husbands should treat them. They give their sons a role model for how they should treat their wives. Dads give their daughters the confidence to be who they are, and feel confident in how they look. They give their sons the confidence to become great men.

I am so thankful for Dave and his significance in the kids life, in my life. We love you Daddy!



1 comment: