Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cowie Gets Adopted

This is Cowie.




He is a very important part of our family. Mateo has had Cowie since his second surgery when he was a baby. He is Mateo's best friend. I know I've blogged about Cowie before so some of you may already have been introduced.

On our way home from church last week, which was Father's Day, this conversation transpired.

Dave: Mateo, who's Cowie's daddy?

Mateo: (chirp, chirp, chirp)

Dave: Are you Cowie's daddy?

Mateo: No.

Dave: Am I Cowie's daddy?

Mateo: No. Cowie adopted.

Me: Cowie is adopted?

Mateo: Yeah, he not have a family.

Me: Oh. Did we adopt him into our family?

Mateo: Yes.

Me: Who else in our family is adopted?

Mateo: Me and Maya!


He's never ever used or even seemed to understand the word "adopted" before so this was a first. And it caught me rather off guard. But it was cute and innocent and I'm glad he's starting to get familiar with the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment