Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bad Lullaby

I have a string of funny stories to blog about so I'm just gonna do them one right after the other with some pictures thrown in here and there if I can.

First story. I think it's funny, you might cringe.

I was putting Maya to bed and every night I sing her at least one song while we cuddle. It had been a long day and my brain was pretty frazzled. The only song (really the only song) I could think of was one that I'd had in my head all day from the radio. It's not your "traditional" lullabye. In fact, it makes a really bad lullaby.

But since it was the only song I could think of, I knew the words, and Maya was expecting a song, I sang it to her, in my most soothing lullaby voice.

Here are the words. See if you know this song.

I wake up every morning
With a big smile on my face
Never feels out of place
And your still probably working
At a nine to five pace
Wonder how bad that tastes

When you see my face hope it gives you hell
hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way hope it gives you hell
hope it gives you hell
You find a man that gives a damn and treats you well
Well he's a fool hope it gives you hell
hope it gives you hell


Yes, I sang my baby "Gives You Hell" by The All American Rejects as a lullaby. In my defense it's a really catchy song. Do I win the parent of the year award or what?

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!!! you do what you've gotta do when your brain is fried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that... :) I'm pretty sure your award is in the mail already!!!

    ReplyDelete